Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Where do I begin...

The 4th of July has come and gone...REALLY??? I have to share my really Red Watermelon Pic...one of the best watermelons we've had and it came from Meridian, TX!

I went to Meridian, TX recently for a family matter...drove out to where my grandparents old farm was...Bosque County, and stumbled upon the most beautiful historic church...I am (of course) attaching pics! I love historical markers!!! I love antiques! I love being amongst it all!!! It just makes me happy to think of the history behind it all! ;0) THE ROCK CHURCH, CRANFILLS GAP...


The Rock Church in Cranfills Gap, TX



Church and cemetary to the right...

View into Church...


 
View from the Loft!


Looking up to the Loft at the organ!

Very Old Wood Burning Stove!

Clear running water in the creek!









































It was so nice to be in the "Hill Country" again!!! For those who don't know, this is South of Fort Worth, Texas towards Waco...Austin area! Beautiful countryside!  You can click on pics to see them larger ...the historical post mentions it is registered in the national register for historical places.  Originated in 1886!  WOW!




No comments:

Post a Comment